Useful links

Cottage food law and permits

A lot of you have been asking about the cottage food law and permits needed to sell. Currently, we are not enforcing membership and haven’t fully updated our rules & regulations for vendors.

However, we have provided links to information regarding these matters below. It is up to you to read them, obtain proper permits and abide by the regulations set by the state. You will be representing the Elgin Farmers’ Market and while none of us wish to police you, we do hope you will run your stand with the utmost of integrity and compliance.

FARFA Cottage Food Law FAQ — Updated for September 1, 2019
Accredited Food Handler Permitting Authorities
Nursery Floral License Information
Sales Tax Permit FAQ
Texas Egg Permit Information

Farm and Ranch Freedom Alliance

Farm and Ranch Freedom Alliance (FARFA) is a national organization that supports independent family farmers and protects a healthy and productive food supply for American consumers.

Food and Water Watch

Food & Water Watch mobilizes regular people to build political power to move bold & uncompromised solutions to the most pressing food, water, and climate problems of our time.